February 22, 2012

Back in the day, I had a bad case of miniature intrigue;
I loved anything miniature.
I think it all started with Hello Kitty.
Miniature pencils, pens, and tiny notebooks.  Even teensy staplers.
In school I'd use my Elmer's glue to make tiny people.
I'd let a puddle of glue dry just inside my desk (right next to my stash of red hots).
It would get just to the point of drying up and I'd roll it into little balls and tiny arms and legs and create a little person.
Looking back, I don't know if I still possess the skills I must have had back then.
I'd make a little house out of match boxes, the whole nine yards.
(We didn't have homework back then in elementary school.)
Blah, blah, blah...
Flash forward to now.
I still like mini STUFF.
I always try to talk my girls into choosing those little miniature animals all dressed up in little mini clothes at Target. ( I can't really rationalize buying them for myself.  What would I do with them?  Maybe pose them on my nightstand...and make them teensy tea sets and beds...it could get out of hand.)
When I get an itch, I just paint little furniture.
There will always be little people around to use this stuff.
There better be.
I like little people. 

1 comment:

maria said...

I love the table and chairs you painted, very sweet with the roses!I do love little stuff also, i aways played with barbies when i was youger and now i "play" with dollshouse for more then 20 year. Making miniatures is my passion. I blog about it here: diaryofaminiaturist.blogspot.com
You are never to old to like small things.
Nice Weekend
Maria