April 07, 2011

What the WOOL!

I was teaching my girls how to felt wool this weekend.
It is such a COOL medium to work with.  We made little miniatures to keep in a little wooden bowl.
It's one of those things that you can do while you watch (listen to) tv so that you feel  productive while you're just sitting there.  (or is that just me.)
If you know me very well, then you know that I also love working with denim.
Do not abandon jeans around my house if you aren't willing to sacrifice them to one of my skirt projects.
I had a pair that my sister gave me and they were LOW riders.
Annoyingly low.
Let me just suggest that these make THE best skirts.
There's not a  lot of excess fabric around your waist and they sit just perfectly on your hips.
I decided to try felting the wool directly to the denim.
It worked perfectly!

3 comments:

Laraine Eddington said...

I need to learn how to felt wool. I love your embroidery/applique or however you did it.

Jill said...

Too cute!!! I have always wanted to try wool-felting!...now I'm moving it up on my to-try list!
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings!
Jill

Pam said...

Have you thought about doing any felting for your craft show? It would be marvelous!