July 08, 2010


Can we just talk about this?
Sometimes life can be a bit crushing.
I leave my daughter in Utah in the morning and make the long drive back to AZ.
I'm not being very valiant.
I'm not being very brave.
I'm not even very good at acting like I am fine.
I am feeling like I'm not very good at handling "life stuff".
I know MANY  people go through this EVERY day.  But today, I feel like I'm the only one.   Suffering.
A piece of me is being ripped out and left to the lions.  The savage, beastly lions of Utah that prey on sweet, innocent, young girls.
A bit pathetic.  A bit neurotic.
I know.  I know.
If you see a red suburban pulled off to the side of Highway 89,  just ignore the big crybaby inside and move along.
She'll get over it.  (That's what people tell me.)
Or maybe not.

6 comments:

apparentlyjessy said...

You are not alone! My Mum is struggling with empty nest syndrome after my boyfriend and I moved out, its really hard for her too.

Dorie said...

Awww Ang! I totally get you :( I cried my eyes out the entire flight home after leaving Rio in L.A. And that whole "they need to grow up and leave the nest" thing is a bunch of crap! I would keep my kiddies with me forever if I could :) Hugs to you sweet Ang:)

Anna M said...

I cannot believe you STOLE my picture I've been saving for my sad broken potential MS. HOW DARE YOU!

On the other hand, Hunter is fine and awesome and in semi-capable hands. Sorry we missed your departure.

Pam said...

So glad to know that you are home safely.

Halo Hill said...

I know. I remember. I'm with you, it's never the same, just different. She'll always be your baby, that's the part that doesn't change. Be gentle on yourself, and pamper your soul for a little while.

Love!

Morgen said...

I am so sorry for you. :( Hunter is so cute she will probably be married in 12 months! Ooops, sorry about that!