January 18, 2010

Winters in AZ are absolutely perfect.  (This coming from a total desert rat.)  You can stand out in the sunshine and feel it's warmth or stand in the shade if you want to experience a little shiver and get the most out of your sweater investments.  But when it rains here...people get excited!  (I speak for myself and my crazy offspring.) 
The first time I ditched a class was because of rain.  To get to my seminary class 4th hour I had to cross the street.  It was raining.  I was wearing white suede bucks.  I was not going to ruin those babies.  So I stayed in the library where they would be safe and out of harm's way.  My mother was NOT amused.  

When it's wet outside and the clouds are dark, I instinctively want to bake. 
Today would be a great day to make and stock up on bread...

That's exactly what I plan to to do today...

My 3 things:
1.  My Bosch.  I could not live without it.
2.  My old, stone wheat grinder.
3.  Butter.

2 comments:

Beach Vintage said...

Sounds like perfect weather for it. It's stinking hot here and I still want to bake....but only cupcakes.

Morgen said...

Okay this is getting spooky, I baked 5 loaves of bread yesterday.