January 08, 2010

New Year, New Bed

Take a trip with me down memory lane...back to a time when I was a teenager with my own room.  My own beautiful room.  My mother had a bedspread specially made, dripping in lace, matching shams and a lace appliqued dust ruffle.  Yes, pretty.  Comfortable, I don't know.  I wasn't allowed to sit on it.  Never.  Beautiful to look at...blah, blah, blah.  I did my homework on the wood floor.  (This could very well explain why studying didn't seem to take too long.)  There was a void in my life, but I couldn't quite put a finger on it.  Twenty years later, lightening has struck my brain.  I know what was missing!  I love my bed.  It is my favorite place in the house to be.  Not necessarily sleeping in it, but hanging out in it.  I read there, I watch tv there, that's where I do my embroidery, etc.  My kids like to hang out there too.  (But only AFTER they have showered.  House rules.)  I have always invested in Shabby Chic bedding.  It's safe, it's casual, and you know when you buy more, it will definatlely coordinate.  No worries. 
I am bored.
 I have been bored for about 2 years. 
I have the bed blahs. 
Times are a changin' and I'll be sure to share with you my progress.  Here's just a sneak of a peek:


My three things:
1.  Jennifer Paganelli
2.  My sewing machine
3.  Patient kids and hubby

7 comments:

Frenchy chick said...

Oh I love shabby chic anything!!!
It is my girls bedroom, i got the bedding already...Still need one mattress and i am putting the room together...I will post it on thechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com pretty soon...Love your blog!!!

rebecca said...

I've spent lots of time going through Jennifer's blog and fabric and my only problem is I can't decide which to fabric to choose...it's all gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you came up with.

GeorgiaPeachez said...

Grrrl, I know just what you mean. I am so OVER the shabby chic bedroom. Amy Butler is helping me to make a transition and mrPeachez couldn't be happier. xo, suzy

amy said...

can't wait to see what magic you come up with.

Kellie Collis said...

Stunning prints!

Kimberly said...

I've got to tell you I am rolling!!! Oh so funny!!! I am an only child, and only wish to have your great sibling moments! I'm sure your sweet brother appreciated your moment of fame in his honor. Where was his mission?
We had the two most adorable missionaries visit last spring!!!!
xxx kim

Simone Howell said...

Just found your blog thru some tangled web but I love it!! Love the new pillows -- and love the " three things" at the end of each post. I'll be checking in often!