January 04, 2010

It's a New Year

My little sister has been going through some health issues... mysteries.  And through it all, she has remained hopeful and grateful.  I always look forward to my daily read of her blog.  First of all, because I miss her and her family terribly.  And second of all, because she always has unexpected humor sprinkled in to her daily mishaps.  I don't think she has always been one to see the glass "half full", but as she has aged, she is turning into a postitive little ninny like myself.  Welcome, sista.  She is starting the new year by expressing gratitude for three things EVERYDAY.  I like that.  I think I'll give it a whirl.  I hope it sticks.


My 3 Things:

1.  My big, fat, full-of-fruit lemon tree.
2.  Lemon bars.  (Don't fret, I'll share the recipe.)
3.  School.  (yes, today we are back in session!)

4 comments:

shell said...

my 3.
1 - good friends
2 - frosting
3 - sudoku
love you

Amanda said...

Welcome back SISTAAAA!! So glad to read you again

Laura Lofgreen said...

I, too, have been following your sweet sister's blog. I hope she recovers soon, but did you see how gorgeous she looked at the baptism of her daughter. She's gorgeous no matter what.

Cassandra Barney said...

#1 School...I'm giving school a triple thankful. It was so nice to have a quiet house and get back to the studio today.

C