December 05, 2009

One of my very favorite things about this time of year is the Nutcracker.  It never gets old for me.  We spent many hours today at dress rehearsal.  I love the ballerina costumes, the colors, the tutus, the tulle.  Oh, I love tulle.  I could eat it up I think.

I love the excitement back stage and all the bustle.  I secretly envy the dancers;  I wish I could be one of them.  I miss ballet.  I don't think getting back into a leotard and tights is in the cards for me.  At least not now.

Someday I may be one of those little old ladies that come and crash ballet class with the youngins.

And I can share my crazy lady stories, "Back when I was young, we didn't use lambswool in our pointe shoes..."

5 comments:

apparentlyjessy said...

I never learnt ballet, I had one class and I was frightened of the teacher and never went back!
I do sooo want a pretty tulle tutu though!
I saw the Nutcracker when I was young, it really is a beautiful story, I wouldn't get tired of it either!

Beach Vintage said...

I love the picture of all the tulle dresses hung along. Stunning.

Federica said...

So cute! Love these tutu!
Happy Sunday!
Don't miss a gorgeous Christmas giveaway next week on Sweet as a Candy!

Kimberly said...

Oh I miss the Ballet!! I can not believe I no longer have a dancer.
BTW, I am older than you, and I always wore lambs wool in my toe shoes!!!! You must have been one tough cookie!
xxx kim

PS: I do know the bobble head!!!

Angela Henrie said...

I was kidding about the lambswool - it was just for dramatic effect.