November 20, 2009

You need an exterminator like MY exterminator

Not many people, other than your family, are going to see your ENTIRE house; walk through every room, bathroom, look under the kitchen sink, go in the closet, the MESSY closet.  Unless you're trying to sell your house, nobody visits these little crevices in your home.  No one except...the exterminator!   And you want him to walk every square inch of the place...spraying every nook and cranny.  Please don't miss a spot!  But were you ready for him?  Was the house picked up and everything looking like you run a tight ship?
 Not here.  I'm lucky if I even REMEMBER the appointment. 


When my bugman comes, I typically find myself apologizing about the mess.  "So sorry you have to see this!"  And do you know what he tells me?  Everytime (I love to hear him say this...)  He says, "Angela, I always say a house should be clean enough to be healthy, and messy enough to be happy."  "Oh, I really like you!"  I tell him.  (And  secretly I really want him to tell me too that he's seen worse, MUCH worse!) 

8 comments:

Marina Mott said...

The bugman is completely right!!!
I like him too!

Anna M said...

that's a great quote from Kelly! AND he leaves dum-dums. love it

shell said...

I like your exterminator too! I feel like the exterminator around here. Yesterday I had to catch a moth in Tatum's room that was going to eat all the skin off her legs and it was making scary faces at her. I went in that room with the best weapon ever - someone else's flip flop!!!!!

Kimberly said...

Ha, Ha! So true! I bet he's seen it all!
xxx kim

Lyndsay said...

Our exterminator accidentally saw me naked from the waist up last time he was spraying outside of my kitchen window. Ugh. I didn't know he was coming, because we are renting. So our landlords book the appointments. No more walking around naked anymore! Yikes.

Debbie & Don said...

I have the same bugman as you, so, YES! he has seen worse then your house. When the teenagers were home he couldn't even open their bedroom door's. The best thing about our bugman is, I'm not even home half the time when he comes, but I know he's been there because even though we have no kids at home, he still leaves DumDums.:)

Anne said...

Love the quote!

Julie said...

We LOVE Kelly - he says the same thing to me!!! Seriously, I feel the same pressure and make the same apologies :) He's the BEST! Can I just tell you that we had our 5 year old son's birthday party yesterday and he lent us his bouncy castle. Lent it - for FREE! He's an awesome, generous man. Here's to living in happy homes!