September 08, 2009

What did I do this Labor Day? I labored. I travelled. All day. With five girls in the car.

17 Year Old: Tried to have conversations with her, but I realized I was inconveniencing her way too much, having to remove her earphones everytime she realized I was talking to her. I guess the mumbo jumbo I have to say is not riveting enough to listen to.

12 Year Old: She was mad at me the entire trip because I'm not convinced she has the parasite she thinks she has. I'm going to hand that one over to a doctor. I have now received, again, the "Most Insensitive Mom Award". (For the billionth time.)

9 Year Old: Just continually fought with her little sister. If you're a Mother, you know it's not fun to listen to a four year old whine and tattle.

4 Year Old: Whined and tattled. She probably yelled in frustration, "I don't like this family!" five times. (She used to say "hate", but we succeeded in changing that to "don't like". So I'm happy with the progress.)

2 Year Old: She requested "Hairspray" (the soundtrack) over and over. It took a very long time, finally, to convince her the CD was scratched. But she'd forget a half hour later and request it again and again. It's a difficult conversation to have from the front seat.

It was bliss pulling into the driveway. Home. So glad to be home. Today will be a day to let my brain rest, count my blessings, and get caught up on the laundry. If you really listen closely, you may just here my sigh as I send the last child out the door to school. In Big Willy Style I say, "It's all good."

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey, remember a week or two ago when you posted about the thought of another baby??

It sounds just like my house: my 17year old son is exactly the same as your 17 yr old, but my 14 yr old daughter and 9 year old son sound like your YOUNGEST two. I hope you had fun on your journey!
xxx kim

Chelsea said...

I am glad your home! Sounds like a crazy ride home, hope the actual trip was better than the drive! Miss your cute face!! I hear Libbie has a boyfriend....

amy said...

Welcome home Angelina!! Sounds like a fun time. Wish I could have been there.

Amanda said...

sounds like a fun weekend! IT is always nice to pull into the driveway even if your kids like you at the time!

ana said...

I love to hear your family stories!!! I was an only child until 16 years later I had a brother but that didn't changed much... so It would have been so so fun to have a big family

Debbie & Don said...

We had trips like that too. Now that the kids are older they laugh about it and wonder why they acted the way they did. and why they didn't just enjoy the ride. What goes around comes around, your day will come. you'll get to laugh too.
Good times. Welcome back.

My Passport to Style said...

Hi Angela,hope you got my latest email,glad you liked the chic Bella pilar,Award!From My Passport to Style,did you collect it?Its bottom centre of my post.Just thought I would mention it, aslowni I will be removing it from this post later today.Sharon xx

Beach Vintage said...

I love the connection to the Partridge Family. Very funny. How ever do you cope with all these kids...I am struggling with 1. Cheers to you babe.

Brabourne Farm said...

I'm tired just reading about your day in the car - I think you deserve a medal! Leigh