September 10, 2009

And the World's Earliest Halloween Decorator Award Goes to...





I did something yesterday that I'm not sure I should be proud of...I had a weak moment. I was just going to let Halloween start "trickling" into the house, but one box led to another. Before I knew it, I was on a roll and had unpacked 3 boxes of my Halloween decorations. I stopped. This is enough for now. I'll wait until next week to even think about getting another box out.

I love Halloween...it drags in the Fall. By now, we want cooler weather here in AZ. And it comes so slowly, almost stubbornly. Decorating for Halloween makes it feel like there is light at the end of the scorching hot tunnel. That Fall weather is just around the STILL-SUMMER corner. There's hope at the end of the sweaty day. Will we ever be able to wear a light, little sweater? It doesn't ever seem like the day will come...but Halloween takes my mind off of the negative and focuses it on the FUN.

9 comments:

Anna M said...

YEAH! I love it.

I'm not far behind you. I'm planning on this weekend... for sure!

Kimberly said...

I am laughing so hard right now... my morning has been spent cleaning and clearing away things, so I can start my Halloween decorations!!!
I might have you beat though, if this counts, I still have a white pumpkin out from LAST YEAR. It never died, so I couldn't part with it!! It has been sitting on a pedastel in the den with a stack of Cowboy hats and tiaras on it.
happy haunts! kim

pinkstilettos said...

Cute decorations! I love Halloween too! Daisy~

melanie said...

I have been shopping for 4 weeks getting ready.... My HUSBAND will not hear of me getting started decorating yet. I can hardly stand it... so I just keep shopping and spending more money to get my fix. Orange Patch make me pretty happy too. I am also addicted too buying Halloween stuff for my baby. I am gald I am not the only crazy one around. We should go shopping.

Beach Vintage said...

Although we don't really celebrate it here in Australia, I wish we did. It looks like such 'scary' fun!

amy said...

Girl, you crazy!! That's why I love ya though!!

Alan Macfarlane said...

We were meant to be in-laws. I'm almost ashamed you're saying it's too early to decorate for Halloween, because we both know it's really not.

drooz studio said...

love it!
show us some more pictures!
i hope to get some decor out today... just came home from the pumpkin patch with 2 huge white pumpkins ( those always go first so thought I better get there early!)

happy fall!

apparentlyjessy said...

Halloween has become increasingly my favourite holiday, as a kid we never celebrated it in Australia. But over the last few years it has increased in popularity, and I LOVE it!
I love all the spooky decorations, and I love the excuse to get dressed up for a night! I reckon your green glitter skulls are pretty cool!