September 28, 2009


I buy many how-to books.  Most of them get read and then put on the book shelf for a later project.  This book, however, I have found to be such a great go-to book.  It's been on my nightstand for 2 weeks now and I refer to it all of the time. 

I have been a big fan of Jenny  Hart for years now, and this was actually the first book of hers that I bought.  (I spent all of my money on her patterns, until now...)  There are such fun ideas and actual stitch instructions.  Stitches that before, your grandma would have had to pass down to you.  I have not come across many instructional books about embroidery.  This is my pick of the week, the must buy now book, to go-to book for your creative mind!
Then go here: 

4 comments:

amydear said...

I need this book! I have some hand-embroidered pillow cases my great-grandmother did, but no one to teach me. I've done some on my own, but could use some instruction. Thanks for the great tip. I'll add it to my wish list.

pinkstilettos said...

Thanks for sharing. I have been thinking about trying out embroidery for a while now. I actually saw this book online but never bought it because I didn't know what all was inside. If you don't mind and have some time, would you care to share a few more photos of the inside of the book-either on here or just email them at pinkstilettos4@gmail.com If not, that's fine. Thanks Daisy~

Kimberly said...

I've been thinking about buying this one since it came out. Thanks for the review. I will definately be ordering it now!!! I love their patterns.
xxx kim

apparentlyjessy said...

I so badly want this book! I NEEEEDS it!