September 15, 2009




Hubby and I are fortunate enough to have Grandmothers that painted. We have our combined collection on top of the cabinets in the kitchen where we can be reminded daily of these talented, sweet, most generous women. Oh, the stories we could both tell...

Mine, she passed away when I was six or seven. My memories of her are very simple: Tab, Madame Alexandar dolls, yellow, windchimes (mother-of-pearl shells), the ocean, Easter Dresses, Roman Meal bread, Hershey miniatures, jars of collected shells...

I didn't have her for very long, but I absolutely obsess over her and want to be a Grandma like her. I use her pictures in my mailing labels, hang tags, box stickers. (She's in my blog banner...) I wish she was still around because I know we would be the best of friends. Someday we'll have that...

4 comments:

My Passport to Style said...

Hi Angela, what a wonderfully warm post.How special to have such creative grandmothers and such a wonderful role model.She is truly beautiful, thank-you for sharing this with me! Sharon xxoo http://www.mypassporttostyle.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

Angela, what a sweet post. Your memories of your grandmother are very similar to what I remember about my grandmother when I was young. My grandmother was also very creative (she is 100 now). You are so lucky to have so many of her paintings, and they look wonderful in your kitchen. Such a great idea! I only have one painting of my grandmothers.
I am sure you will be an amazing grandmother!!!
I can't wait to get my gorgeous ring on my finger!!
xxx kim

Jill said...

What delightful treasures!!! and I want your kitchen!!! LOOOVE it!
Blessings!
Jill

Julie Bou├ęsso said...

Oh my - they could draw very well, too, right?! Didn't know that this lady in your banner is your grandma - nice for you to share! Cheers, Julie