August 31, 2009

I'm loving...

Matte Black nail polish!

It's like rubber. Soft, black rubber. Like getting a new tire on your bicycle - rubber.


Kim (Kardashian, of course) painted a clear coat french tip. Kind of dresses up the rubber look, yes? I think I will try the straight rubber first and then maybe graduate to a shiny tip... just see where my whim takes me. OPI carries a shade ("Matte What's a Tire Jack") as well as KO ("Flatte Black"). OPI is $9 a bottle compared to KO's $19. I'm heading over to Sephora now to give OPI's a try first.



7 comments:

Beach Vintage said...

Wow, it definitely makes a statement.

Kimberly said...

Looks a bit like a Black velvet dress with black satin trim. I'll let you try this one out first. I'm more of a red or pink girl myself!
Good Luck
xxx kim

Anna M said...

huh, I think I'm more surprised that those are Kim K's hands.

Personally, I'm more into navy and greys now. Show us when you do your nails!

My Passport to Style said...

Cool tip,pardon my pun.Tee hee. Sharon xox

pinkstilettos said...

I didn't even know they made matte black polish. I am going to have to give this a try for Halloween! Daisy~

apparentlyjessy said...

I like! I like a lot!

Anne said...

I tried grey and liked it but it looked bad with my brown flip flops so it didn't quite pan out for me!

I did take the initiative and paint my toes 'Midnight in Moscow' last night. It's a purple that looks black. My husband thought they were black and so did my little guy so I guess that worked! They look great and I feel prettier, so thanks for the push Angela! :)

PS About the panzanella... I usually use day old french bread leftover or something like that, the recipe is pretty flexible but totally delicious and since you guys are Greek you have to try it!