August 11, 2009

Goin' Back to Cali

For my birthday, and belated anniversary (that's how we rationalize around here.) hubby and I took a road trip to Southern California. Ahhhh...the weather, the ocean breeze, no tattling, and no cooking. It was so relaxing and FUN. We did the ULTIMATE worst-parents-ever thing and went to Disneyland. Just the two of us. COMPLETELY different experience, I have to say.




Huntington Beach was great. It was the first time there for both of us. Hubby said this was the place to be as far as waves go.











Slap a wetsuit on that boy and he morphs into the Big Kahuna. (I do well watching from the pier.)





Thanks, Shelly, for the tips!

5 comments:

shell said...

we need more pics! maybe you on the Alice in WOnderland ride!!!

Kimberly said...

Oh, wow! a surfin' hubby. How much fun. I'm so happy you got to get away and Happy Birthday! Mine is coming up this month also.
Have a great time.
xxx kim

Lauren said...

I love Disneyland with the hubby!! so fun.

Huntington Beach is my favorite beach in the world.

apparentlyjessy said...

Happy belated Birthday Angela!
I bet it was awesome to go to Disneyland just the two of you without the kids! Disneyland is still a dream for me...one day I will go there!

Shelly Beson said...

Where was the sun?!! I hope it came out at some point. Did you love that hotel? I loved it.