August 07, 2009

Fritos in the Shell Bowl

I am relieved that I am not a scientist. Scientists need ANSWERS. EXPLANATIONS for every phenomenon. I could not possibly get answers for everything that happens in my home. "Why are there Fritos in my bowl of shells?", "Why is there a ballet leotard scrunched up in the couch pillows?", or "Why, oh WHY would you color on my bedroom wall?" There are things that cannot be explained. You cannot really probe the mind of a 2 year old. "Why" is a little too deep and loaded of a question for a toddler to even comprehend. We as professional Mothers have learned one thing...there's not an answer for EVERYTHING. Sometimes you just have to buck up and move on, never quenching the thirst for an answer to crazy occurrences. Besides, asking "Why?" is for the 3 year olds! (I've been asked enough "Why" questions to last me 8 lifetimes.) You just clean the Fritos out of the bowl and count your blessings. Be grateful it wasn't yogurt or Kool Aid.

Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

So funny!! I was going to post on the reasons I knew it was time for school to start. They are things like this. Keep in mind I've only had two at home this summer and the youngest is 9. So "Why" do these things happen??
Happy Friday!
xxx kim

apparentlyjessy said...

You are so funny Angela! I hope you have a fantastic weekend too!

Spencer said...

Happy birthday Ang! I called your cell phone but it's not working...did you change it? Hope you're having an awesome time in Cali and getting the relaxation you deserve. We love you and miss you! Benson can't wait to see you and show off all his new tricks for you. :)
Talk to ya soon.
Spence and Chels