August 24, 2009

Enjoy the Moment You're In

A good 12 years ago or so, I was walking with four little ones in tow. A passerby, total stranger, advised me to, "enjoy this time. This is the EASY time!" Are you kidding me? She did not just say that. What does she know? These were the thoughts that raced through my mind. Having four little children was exhausting...how could it get any more difficult?
Flash forward 10 or so years: I understand now what she was saying! I miss those early days! Can we just go back to the time when things were simple? They're favorite place to go was the Disney Store (they thought THAT was Disneyland) and they liked Happy Meals and macaroni and cheese. A time when they held my hand and wanted to do things with me right by their side. Nothing makes you appreciate these times more than having a teenager. Wait, is this the same child? When did everything change? Enjoy the "little" days...they're gone before you know it.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hear you Angela!!

My Passport to Style said...

I totally agree, as a mum of three boys, two currently at that teen stage, but we adore them even so! What a adorable picture, thanks for sharingS xx

Kimberly said...

Look at those precious cheeks!! I too get it now that two of mine are teenagers!! I must say though, today is the first day of school, and it was quite nice to see them both go pleasantly together in my son's car WITHOUT ME!!
xxx kim

Anna M said...

great picture

and yes, I need this reminder.

(esp. concerning sweet Ash)

pinkstilettos said...

Oh, I love this little story and I know it has to be so true. Mine are still little and I am really not looking forward to those teenage years. Thanks for sharing! Daisy~

Jennifer Paganelli said...

Your jewels are amazing Angela!!