July 03, 2009









We accomplished the first item on our Summer list: A bake sale. It was a blast, and I'm sure we'll do more ! It was great for the girls to see the hard work it takes to make a buck. Thanks to Bakerella, the Oreo Bon Bons were a hit! (I can't remember what she actually calls them.) We had suckers and chocolate cupcakes with white chocolate frosting (So. Good!) I'm so relieved we sold out. These treats were a little difficult to resist. (I have a frosting problem: I like a little cake with my frosting...)

Speaking of baking...
I've got something special for you...

It's delicious, and simple...

Wait for it...

The Yummiest Chocolate Chip Cookies That Everyone Loves!
Set oven @375 degrees

Mix for 3 minutes:
2 c. softened butter
2 c. sugar
2 c. brown sugar

then add:
4 eggs
2 t. vanilla

mix well. Add:
1 t. salt
2 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
4 c. flour

Now take your little blender and blend 5 c. oatmeal. Blend it until it is flour-like. Go ahead...it will be unrecognizable oatmeal. The kids will not suspect. (Beautiful concept, isn't it!) Now add a big 24 oz. bag of chocolate chips.
















This will get a little mess on your hands, but it is VERY important to the outcome of your cookies: Roll dough in 2" balls (that's just a guesstimation, make them the size you want...) and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam.


Bake for 10-11 minutes.
Let cool on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Now let me know how much your family loves and devours them!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

thanks for the recipe. I might have to make these to send to Mr. big at camp...he'll love 'em. My travelin' hubby will be in his phoenix office on the 13th. I've been giving him some very large hints about the "Miss Independent". Will let you know if I can convince him!!! :) KIM

Anna Macfarlane said...

so, how did you sell your baked goods? Send out flyers? Outside a la lemonade stand? Door to door?

apparentlyjessy said...

Wow! A bake sale! I bet that would be awesome fun for your girls, the treats look tasty!

Thanks for sharing your recipe, I love cookies with oatmeal in them :)