July 17, 2009

It is now officially the yuckiest time of year in AZ. It's hard to go out in the yard because everything looks barely alive, burned out, faded. The roses are getting smaller and scarce, the tomato plants look like death. My orchid tree looks like it can't decide if there's even a reason to live or not. My poor plants. I hope they can pull through these next couple of months. Time to turn my focus to the INSIDE so I don't get so depressed about the outside. This is when I itch to paint. Hubby should be nervous...very nervous. What was my rule? Oh yes, "Just don't paint the piano!" You got it, babe. I won't touch that.



I am loving these shades of blue...where will this picture take me? I have not yet convinced Hubby that the front courtyard gate would look AMAZING azure blue. This has been difficult. Much more difficult than I had expected. I hate that. I'm thinking I may need to start with the front door instead...he never said I shouldn't paint that blue. (Do I sound like a bit of rebel? Well, I am. Mama always taught me, "It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission." I cannot help it...it was the way I was raised!) I have been needing a bold color lift for the front door for a while now. Enough with this "safe" green color! Time to let my hair down and paint, darnit!


Photo credit: Desire to Inspire

8 comments:

Karen said...

That photo is hilarious. Where is it from? (As a Zonie I can relate!)

Aileen said...

I love you angela!! GO ahead and paint. I am stuck in a rut and need a facelift so im on a painting binge too. We miss your art class too!!

Angela Henrie said...

Sorry. Forgot where I snagged that photo...it's from addraw.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

I crack up everytime I see that poor melted icecream truck! It gets circulated here in hot Texas too. My plants are looking pretty done for too. My baby grand is painted white, but my grandmother did it not me. I recently bought a really old upright (still in my neighbor's garage b/c hubby will KILL me when he finds out) Gonna, paint it and gut it to make a "piano bar"!! Have fun painting! xxxkim

apparentlyjessy said...

Oooh I like the sound of a bright front door! Reminds me of the blue door in Notting Hill! hehe

Rose said...

Love the photo of the icecream truck, describes summer perfectly!

I wonder what your hubby would think if he came home and you had painted the front door and gate blue! :) I can imagine having the same trouble with my bf, they just dont see our visions :)

Rose

Debbie & Don said...

I think your home would look great with a blue door and a blue gated door. maybe if you told hubby you would distress the doors he might go for it. I'm with you on the heat. It's too hot to do anything outside even at midnight.

Kellie Collis said...

I adore those bright colours as well! x