July 09, 2009



I have one more birthday to go this month and she's turning 4. Know what that means? Birthday PARTY. She's never had one, and I think she'll be tickled pink experiencing one. Now I am quickly having to decide:
Alice In Wonderland? Wizard of Oz? Thanks to Disney, Alice is in the vault for who-knows-how-long. We have the video, but our vcr is long gone - so, she's not as familiar with Alice as she is with Dorothy. I need to come up with some ideas...fast. I'm leaning towards Alice...what do you think? Tea Party, finger foods, cupcakes...

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I have always wanted to have a grown-up version of an Alice tea party, so I vote for Alice...there are so many fun things you can do, emagine the possibilities!!! Smiles, KIM

ana said...

Oh Alice in wonderland!!! with cupcakes and a big table like in the movie :)

rebecca said...

Alice in Wonderland's "un-birthday party" was the inspiration for my kids' party in May. http://beantown.menzie.org/2009/05/surprise.html
I would do it a little differently if it was just for my 4 yr old daughter (more pink:)). One of the favorite things we did during the "tea party" was have the kids decorate mini cakes. Each child got 3 layers of circular cakes. They frosted & decorated them & loved every minute of that yummy activity. Ours were a little lopsided because we didn't trim the top...having them flat on top helps them to stack easier (esp. for the little kids). I'm sure whatever you do will be fabulous...both themes could be lots of fun!

apparentlyjessy said...

Mad tea parties are definitely fun! ;)

Morgen said...

Last year I did a Tinkerbell party. Everyone wore fairie outfits. You could make teacups out of walnut shells and have seashell plates. Large leaves for the placemats would be adorable! You are so creative, I would love to see whatever you do.