July 16, 2009

Back when I was a teenager...I would hang magazine pictures of young women who had the kind of thin figures I desired for myself - what I thought was beautiful. I figured, if I posted pictures of models' bodies, it would inspire me to eat right, work out, and potentially attain the unattainable. Sheesh! What a waste.


Now I collect pictures of what I want my house to look like; images that inspire me, color combinations that strike my fancy. So much more attainable! (And not nearly as intimidating.)

Isn't it crazy how an image can stir you? I can look at a photograph and not be able to sleep most the night because the wheels in my head are turning at break-neck speed and won't shut off. Then I wake up on a mission to head to Home Depot first thing to buy paint. What the? Am I ill? Or am I just extremely passionate? I really don't care which. All I care about is convincing hubby I MUST paint the front gate azure blue. Go ahead, call me crazy. (Like I've never heard that one before...)

Here's to successful projects today! Go get 'em girl!



Photos: Country Living and Alannah Hill

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

These are both great rooms. I can see why they keep you up at night. I actually picture your living room looking like this one! I still can't figure out how you get so much done...My guess is you must work on projects all night long while you aren't sleeping b/c of these pics! I'm right aren't I?!?! XXX Kim

Kimberly said...

Looking at these pics again...that's a dresser at the foot of the bed. Very cool!!

Jackie Von Tobel said...

Love those pale pink slipcovers! Dreamy....

Anna Macfarlane said...

Except for me, these pictures are about as unattainable as the hot model bodies (snif, snif).

Wouldn't you LOVE wood floors like those?? Or that greenish-gold velvet chair? NICE!

Check out my blog. I have your doppleganger whom I spotted at a concert. (You're sooo much prettier, though)

Morgen said...

I really want to see azure blue gates! Your design sense is so fun. I wish we could be best friends!

Bunny, THE PARIS HOUSE said...

These pictures are stunning, I love the dressers at the foot of the bed. and the bookcases flanking the fireplace are so chic!
Bunny