June 02, 2009

I was browsing Brown Button and happened upon this photo of a bookshelf by MA Belle.
With the size family I have, you can imagine the mass of books we have accumulated...LOTS. Just the other day, I was looking at these book shelves and was a little annoyed with the chaos. Is that making my family room feel messier? I think, perhaps, it is. I've got the kids home for the Summer...I believe I've found the perfect project for today! It should be a great teamwork effort. (Those are always the best projects...especially when I get them all pumped up and as excited as me.) I'll share before and after photos so we can evaluate the results...

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

What's the secret to getting the kids as pumped up as you are?? My hubby and I had the same conversation last night, but it was the cluttered look of the dvd's in the TV armoire. Have fun with your project! :) KIM

Shawna said...

I think organized bookshelves definitely take away the feeling of clutter! I love little boxes that you can at least shove all the knick knacks into. That way the clutter's disguised!!

If you're interested, check me out at: Shawna's Study Abroad

rebecca said...

I was going to ask the same question Kimberly did! :)

I love this photo...I'm so on board with the organizing the mass books we've got. On latimes.com, a designer from Design on a Dime separated her books by color (took jackets off too). I loved the stack of red books on the mantle. The scheme on her bookshelf looked nice too.
http://www.latimes.com/features/home/la-hm-0530-kristan-pictures,0,3750842.photogallery?index=7

Beach Vintage said...

I love this book shelf too. Let us see the results.

Kippy said...

you actually should go drop them all off on heather's front porch. she likes those kinds of suprises. or something like that

Kippy said...

but this is shell.