June 15, 2009

I have three little dancers at my house...recital time is a little chaotic. But I love it. I love seeing them on stage in all their little costume and makeup glory. It's exciting for them...and that makes me giddy. When they are having a good time, I'm having a good time. When they are nervous, I'm a wreck. When they are sad, I'm beside myself. Kids become your life..in a good way.

I was just thinking today how everything I do revolves around my family. MY family. Do you know how lucky I feel to be able to say that? Being a Mother is hard work, sometimes crazy, sometimes even ungratifying. I can feel like everything I do goes unnoticed or is criticized. Sometimes I can feel that I'm doing the same things over and over each day. But when I turn around and see a little smile like this, or hear a little "thanks, Mom.", it makes my heart melt back to where it should be. I love serving my children. Without that service in my life, I would feel empty. Now that would truly be ungratifying.

8 comments:

heatherc said...

Hi Angela, I have been meaning to leave you a comment for about a month now...and somehow today is quite fitting with your post on motherhood. I feel exactly the same way!! I want to thank you for the BEAUTIFUL necklace you created for my husband to give me for mother's day--a bit late but loved even more for his incredible thoughtfulness :) I very nearly haven't taken it off since I got it. And the cutest part of all was when I showed each of my children their name on it (all individually without the others around) they all three exclaimed that theirs was the best one! Love that. I adore your work and am so grateful to have one of my own now :)

ana said...

Oh your kid is so beautiful! and you are absolutely a great mom
congratulations!!! you are an inspiration

The Vintage Kitten said...

What a lovely post this is and what a pretty little girl, she looks so sweet in her cute dress. X

apparentlyjessy said...

Your posts about your family always make me look forward to one day having children too, one day!
Your little girl looks beautiful in her costume!

Betsy Head, Affordable Interior Design said...

Love the look of your blog!

Betsy

Federica said...

She's sooo cute with her tutu!

Tutu said...

Why don't put a picture of me with my recitle costume on on your blog? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Kelly B. Rightsell said...

You said it!!! I feel the same way..alot!