June 04, 2009

B is for Beautiful

You know what I think? I think EVERY girl, young lady, woman should have a big B for Beautiful hanging from their neck. It pains me when I have a daughter, a friend, or acquaintance feel that they aren't beautiful enough or thin enough. We are all different, us females. I look at someone and I look for the beauty that comes from within - beauty truly does radiate. I've witnessed it! Sometimes I just want to scream it, "You are beautiful!"

When I see a "seasoned" woman with wrinkles on her face and grey hairs, I think, "She is so beautiful." The wrinkles show me her experience with life, the many trials and happy occasions she's had. Her hands show how hard she has worked her entire life, possibly raising children, cooking, gardening, etc. What impresses me the most, though, is her letting that time and experience show. That is true beauty. When she's not afraid of time. Putting it out there. "This is me...and I'm going to grow old gracefully."

You, my friend, are beautiful. And if anyone makes you feel otherwise, than they are NOT clued in to what's really important in life. Try this: FEEL beautiful. Embrace your own uniqueness...no one else looks like YOU. Do I need to look you in the eye and say it again? YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

8 comments:

Shelly Beson said...

So I can stop fighting it now? Whew!! Lovely words.

Shelly

apparentlyjessy said...

Its funny, I often tell people this, but I don't take my own advice...its something I know I need to work on.
This necklace is beautiful, I especially like it, because one of my nicknames is B :)

shell said...

have you been talking to my neighbor about me? thank you

Kimberly said...

What Beautiful sentiments! I love the necklace and the beautiful inspiring words behind it! You are an angel! :) KIM

Rose said...

This is such a lovely post Angela. I often think just that about my elderly clients. Just the other week i was in the bathrooms at a shopping centre and an elderly lady came out looked in the mirror, started doing her hair then said to me 'whos going to look at me anyway?' it made me so sad to think that just because shes older she thought she isnt just as beautiful as a younger person :)

Tutu said...

Mom this isn't a comment about your blog but i'm sorry for that comment that i said to you on my blog.

ana said...

Oh your blog is so cute
it will be one of my favorites from now on...
www.blogdljr.blogspot.com

Halo Hill said...

I'll give it a try. Next time you want to yell it out, you should! You'll make someone's day! Love your blog!

Sheila