May 21, 2009

A Parental Shrine

Who made the final cut into my shrine? Parents. When I was young, I remember visiting my Yaya. In her hallway, she had a built-in cove with a window. It was her shrine. I was so intriqued by all of the little treasures, pictures, and candles (or lights). The only thing keeping my little paws off her shrine was a piece of plexiglass (lucky for her). It was the MOST curious thing I ever saw. Hers was probably a much more proper shrine, it had pictures of Christ. Mine is just light-hearted, don't take it too seriously...

My parents didn't die, they just moved away from me. It just felt like I lost them when they left. It's all good...


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Your shrine is just perfect, so is the PINK!! Parents are quite deserving of shrinedom!! I hope my children will want to place me on a shrine someday. Sometimes I wonder. Here lately I think they'd rather put me under one.
I Love It!

Beach Vintage said...

At present I dont have a shrine. My sister has though and everytime I see it I promise myself " One day I will do one too" but yet to do it....Thanks for the inspiration.