May 13, 2009

Just look at these dreamy climbers...I wish they were mine! I love Chinese lanterns - especially ones with painted flowers. I first fell in love with them when Mr. Wilson hung them in his garden in the movie, Dennis the Menace. Do you ever watch movies just to look at the house, the setting, the decorations? I always do! Mr Wilson had GREAT taste in chinese garden lanterns. (I was thinking, his wife probably bought them for him...)
(Liquid Sky Art)







I actually own one, little, pink lantern and I'm always trying to place it in that perfect place...I think I have decided to hang it in the playhouse. I know, I know... I still have not posted pictures. Sewing curtains has taken a back seat to painting my kitchen. By the way, I did, in fact, buy a quart of paint yesterday. I'm wearin' my grubbies today and getting something done!

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

I definately watch movies for the sets. I just love the idea of your soon to be pink kitchen, cuppled with these lanterns it reminds me of a lay-out in the March issue of Traditional Home on "Circus" colors (I've always wanted a striped circus tent in my back yard). I know you aren't putting the lantern in the kitchen, but it got me thinking... Check my blog for an up-coming post of my daughters pink and black room. She has lanterns!!! Where can I get painted lanterns? I loved Mr. Wilson's garden, and the idea of a midnight party to watch a flower bloom. In my circus tent, of course!

Little Miss Baker said...

LOVE your blog! So cute and so my style and it is great! What inspiration you have given me for my baking :) Keep it up and see you around lady!! xo

The Vintage Kitten said...

Beautiful, They all look so pretty hung together. I remember my mother having a red lantern in her bedroom in the 1970's. I loved it X

Shelly Beson said...

Love those lanterns! Thanks for the good luck I hope you can come. The wall paper sits on the kitchen desk. I need to hire someone cuz I have too many nooks and crannies :(

Shelly

Dallas Shaw said...

always find style in the strangest movies...mary poppins...

dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Beach Vintage said...

Beautiful colours. Love the photo's. Very inspiring. Got my beautiful necklace today. I am posting a blog about it in a few hours. Thanks again. Simone xx

apparentlyjessy said...

I adore Chinese lanterns, I have some small ones that I love to bring out in the summer and hang up with our fairy lights. So pretty!
Good luck with painting the kitchen pink...!

apparentlyjessy said...

Oh p.s, I watch shows like desperate housewives mainly to look at the sets! lol!

M & Co. Papery said...

Angela, I LOVE these lanterns! We are going to hang a few of these for my bday party this summer.
And, who care's if the movie is bad, as long as there is pretty stuff to look at! :)