May 27, 2009

As if!!

Yes, we are movie buffs in our family. Everything that happens around here seems to deem a quote from a film. I wish I could be Cher and not care about anything but fashion and what I'm going to wear tomorrow. Getting older means dealing with more important issues; our kids' problems, the economy taking a nose dive, being judged by others (I don't like that one). . . I think we all have our quirks and weaknesses and need to focus on number one and how we, ourselves, can be better. I read a quote once that being righteous means realizing that you're NOT (righteous), yet, still possessing the motivation to be better. Life hands out all different kinds of challenges to everyone. You can't pick which show you're going to, but you better believe you're gettin' a ticket! A little thought for the day: Be kind, don't judge, be tolerant, and just love. Until you've walked in someone else's shoes...


5 comments:

Beach Vintage said...

Great words. I find it so hard to see through all the "stuff" in my family sometimes. It can feel like a movie in itself.

apparentlyjessy said...

I feel inspired now! :)

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the inspiration. Those are wonderful words to live by!
Thanks, also for visiting my blog and your comment...Happy almost Anniversary!

Carolyne said...

Excellent reminder!

A "cheery" disposition said...

i feel the same way! getting older comes with a lot of worrying about tommorrow.