April 15, 2009

Why I can't keep it simple

I love white. I really, honestly do. But why can't I ever have this for myself? When I look at these pictures, I find them so serene and I want them. I must love color too much. Is that it? I will start a room off this way, but then, little by little, color creeps in and takes over. It is the Frida in me.

I would probably never say a cross word or even get a headache if I lived in this soft, white world. But then, I would long for my treasures, patterns that make me salivate. My solution?


I keep my bathroom white; all natural and white hues. I love white towels, white bath mats, and white linen shades. My bathroom will always remain white, and I need to feel satisfied with that. Wait, I think I already am.


Images from unknown source. Sorry.



4 comments:

Julie Bou├ęsso said...

I love looking at white, too. I USED to have & keep lots of things in white. But somehow color found me & now I couldn't envision life w/o it anymore. It makes things so much richer, brighter, I think. But hey, if I had a weekend-getaway cottage, I might keep everything in white again! HA! Cheers, Julie

pve design said...

I feel your pain, all that white looks so au natural and then after a few hours, I think I would be dragging in some sort of color or pattern to bring it up to "me" - I am drawn to those things too, but then I need color.

My bath is however, all white....

j said...

OH AND WE LOVE THE FRIDA IN YOU~ THAT IS WHAT MAKES YOU~YOU!!! Can't even imagine Angela Henrie without color!!! ALTHOUGH THE WHITE WORLD IS SO DELICIOUS LOOKING!

The Vintage Kitten said...

I love seeing all white room settings, but I dont think I could live with it as I too would bring colourful things into it and I think it has to be one or the other. The other reason I couldnt have all white is ONE husband....FOUR cats.....ONE puppy!!! Hee Hee X