April 18, 2009

Weekend Breakfast

I love the weekends...time slows down. No lessons or scheduled activities. We can lounge and make a big breakfast and not have to worry about where we have to be. Just together. This is my pancake recipe that seems to make everyone happy and very full:

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes
2 eggs
4T oil
1 1/2 c. flour
6 t baking powder
1/2 c. oatmeal
1 t salt
2 T brown sugar
1 1/2 c. milk
2 t cinnamon
chocolate chips


Mix everything but the chocolate chips together in a large bowl. Pour into Pam-sprayed pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.

Enjoy! (YUM)
Happy Weekend.

7 comments:

apparentlyjessy said...

Yum! I agree, I love cooked breakfasts on the weekend, it does bring the family together.
Thank you for sharing the pancake recipe, I was just wondering, do your choc chips tend to burn a little? Every time I have tried choc chips in my pancakes, I seem to burn them just a little, I was wondering if there is a way of avoiding that??

Angela Henrie said...

I sprinkle them on once the batter fluffs a little - I haven't noticed that they burn at all. Maybe the griddle is on too high?

Catherine@Simply Natural said...

Mmmm....look yummy! I went out for breakfast today and had caramelised apple pancakes and they were so delicious!

Jane said...

You know what you should do? I think you should mail that recipe to my Grandma so she can put it on Heiner famliy recipes,even tho it is called Heiner
famliy.
Good luck!
Jane

Angela Henrie said...

Jane - do you think she'd accept a recipe from a non-Heiner?

Jane said...

She proboly can. Your choice. Jane

Angela Henrie said...

Jane, send me the link to the Heiner family recipes and I'll submit my recipe...I hope she accepts it!