April 20, 2009

Thoughts from a busy kitchen

If you are like me, you spend nearly half your life in the kitchen. If I'm not making something, I'm cleaning up something. So naturally, this is MY space. If I have to be in here all of the time, I want it to be pretty to look at. I found this cool cabinet that stands on it's own; you know how much I do NOT like the traditional cabinetry. What's cool about a piece like this is it can either sit on a counter top or table, or be mounted to the wall. Very versatile if you ask me.

Somewhere along the way I found this clever trick by Martha. These are actually tension rods posing as plate/pan/tray separator-thing-a-ma-jigs. If you go for the door-removed cabinets, this is a great idea to house all of the cutting boards and trays. I love organizational ideas. (I need plenty of help in that department.)(I think that some pretty wallpaper would look so chic behind these shelves! Just a thought.)

3 comments:

Beach Vintage said...

Wow, what a find that cabinet is. Looks fab.

Halo Hill said...

Oh my gosh! I adore your blog! I really like your cabinet a lot too!

Sheila

Halo Hill said...

Did your hubby find you an old retablo painting? Are the ones I see here on your blog done by you? This one and the aqua one above with the white dotted background are breathtaking! I love this kind of art and relics!

Sheila