March 18, 2009

Spring Break

My posts have been dwindling, I know. We are enjoying Spring Break this week, beautiful weather, sunshine, flowers, and hose toys (and sunblock too). This is when we start our little base of a tan in AZ. It's also Spring Cleaning, much to the kids' chagrin...
Being the creative person I am, I have NO natural organizational skills. My idea of organinzing is buying a new basket everytime I go to Target. I am convinced that I am A.D.D. I need step by step instructions or else I am lost and don't know where to start. And then I am supposed to give the kids direction and jobs? Whew! What a joke! I found this book and it has helped me so much. I'll admit, I can't get myself to go as extreme as Marla would like, but it gives me guidance and some semblence of order to my day.
Miss Cilley also gives a good lesson on attitude. She really put me in my place about having a good attitude about housework and making the house a home. (Yes, like Snow White attitude.) We all could use the little reminder every now and then, right? I don't want my children grown up and feeling like all I did was worry about the house being clean, clean, clean and not spending time with them. There is a happy medium and I think we can all find that happy place. It just takes some of us longer than others.

3 comments:

LexyB said...

Good point ... but the FlyLady freaks me out with her obsessive sink-shining thing. I can't delude myself that easily

Angela Henrie said...

Yes, she is EXTREME. But modify it for yourself and it can be quite helpful!

Nutts said...

Hi Angela, I check in on your blog now & then through Erin's link. This post made me feel good today so I wanted to thank you! I am always feeling down on myself about my lack of orginaztional skills. Two of my closest girlfriends are hard-core cleaners/organizers whereas I'm always scrambling to "fake" my house into a clean state! It's just not in my genes to stay neat & tidy but my children know they are loved and we try to be creative and have fun. This is such an honest post & i can so relate!

*We are stealing your paper mache yarn spheres for one of our spring break activities, Thanks for sharing!