March 12, 2009



I bought a new cookbook! Well, technically, another "bakebook". I have to confess, I'd much rather whip up a batch of chocolate chip cookies or a cake instead of making dinner. Cooking, to me, is a bit of a chore. But baking...it is DELIGHTFUL. I love it. (Have you ever noticed when you get to the Baking Section at the book store how much pink there is in all the books. It's a big, beautiful wave of pinkness to my eyes! ) It's bad, but I feel like I'm spreading the love when I bake. It's so much more gratifying to me than cooking. Maybe it's because at least ONE person is always disappointed with what's for dinner. When I bake something, EVERYONE is happy.

I am looking forward to trying recipes from this book. Amy's Bread is a bakery in NYC. (Actually, there are 3 stores). I am always on the prowl for a cake that doesn't turn out dry. Maybe this will be the one! (Find it here.)

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

You can bake up some of those cookies this weekend!! I am coming to AZ!! Yay! Can't wait to see you and your beautiful family. We will have to hit up Sonic and some fun stores! See you soon.