February 21, 2009

My gardening update...


Couldn't keep the basil alive...thyme and oregano are doing great. Moved the rosemary outside-it'll be fine out there. Outside, planted my tomato plants in pots because my garden is not ready!!!! (hint hint - HUBBY! Like he really reads this...). I also planted a climber against the playhouse, but can't, for the life of me, remember the name. I consulted my knowledgeable friend, Johnathan, at Harpers Nusery (My favorite place to go!) I just plant what he tells me to...


(Psssss...can I let you in on a little secret... I have always wanted a male, gay friend. I love Johnathan. When I talk, he LISTENS and thinks I'm funny! (That is AWESOME!) He loves to garden (me too!), he's into cooking GOOD food (me too!), he's kind of snobby (I like that!), he's musically very talented (I used to be!), and he talks loud, like he's not concerned about others' opinion of him. You know, confident. (I totally admire that!) I click with Johnathan, but I don't think he realizes that he clicks with me. I don't think he realizes how hard I try to make him my friend. I've even tried winning him over by bringing baked goods to the nursery for him. I have been trying to nurture this friendship for at least 5 years now- I will not accept friendship rejection from Johnathan! No, I will not give up!)

photo by Tim Walker

4 comments:

Jennifer Paganelli said...

Angela your photos are always so thought provoking!!! I love Johnathon too!! Don't give up!!

Catherine said...

Angela really MUST be a domestic goddess with 8 children plus your gardening and all your creative pursuits - I'm in awe!
You know, I've always wanted a male, gay friend in my life too, and have yet to find 'the one'. I have very few males in my life and a male, gay friend has always seemed to be the perfect answer - you get to enjoy male company, see the male perspective on things but there is no sexual tension - perfect!

amy said...

You are a nut! Johnathan is lucky to have you as a friend (even if he doesn't know it.)

ms.french said...

Hey Ang,
Your blog is fantastic!! And don't EVER give up on your quest for Jonathon. He is sooo funny:) I too, have been looking for my gay friend for years. I thought I found him once but sadly, no connection. My kids think I'm insane.
Love you Ang,
D