February 08, 2009

Have you seen this magazine yet?



This quarterly, advertisement-free, magazine, Seeing the Everyday, features prosaic moments in our lives that have helped shape us. You will not be disappointed. This is a real magazine, written by real people and their real experiences. It reminds of a story I once heard about a man leaving his family on a quest for a "sea of diamonds". He eventually died, having found nothing. If only he would have dug around his garden at home; he lived on an acre of diamonds, but never thought to really look there.

I wrote a simple story about my dad in this particualr issue. It was a simple experience, but left a lasting impression on me that I have held close to my heart all my life.

2 comments:

Anna Macfarlane said...

You are published??? I am so jealous! Can't wait to read it.

Jennifer Paganelli said...

that pillow is to die for!!!