February 12, 2009


Anyone who has grown up in Mesa, AZ knows this motel...it's one of the oldest on Main Street. I hope it never leaves. I have a confession - I love motels. I love staying in them. I love filling up the bucket of ice for who-knows-what-we'll-need-it-for. Trust me, there are plenty of people in my life that think I'm a bit quirky for having absolutely no problem staying in a dive on Main Street. But as long as I wear socks and never lay on top of the bed spread, I'm totally fine. (Cable is a MUST though.) I know this really cool cat photographer (Amy Kroff) that took these photos and I'm putting one up in my house. It has a historical vibe - a little piece from my past.
Anyone interested in a limited edition copy, just e-mail me and I'll get you the details on how to get your own...angelahenrie@hotmail.com

4 comments:

Pineapple Hill said...

I just found you from your comment. LOVE your blog!

ellen said...

Great photos! I know that photog. :)

Rebecca said...

My kids BEG me to stay at that motel "with the diving girl." Too funny!

Gooches said...

My Grandfather made that sign. He was a welder and found some work and that was what it was! Sorry...I was just blog surfing and saw your post!