January 03, 2009

Today, we stopped to smell the roses...

Yesterday was a crazy, hectic day. Everytime I turned around, I had to leave for another appointment or errand. This poor little 3-year old of mine walked around with a cake mix box the entire day. She just wanted someone to make a cake with her. Do you know how that pulls on my heart strings?! I felt terrible everytime I got into to car to leave.

Last night I promised Wynnie I would get her up early and we would make the cake. At 7 AM we were baking away in the quiet kitchen while everyone else was asleep- just the two of us. Mission accomplished. That was the best hour of my day.

4 comments:

Pam said...

So cute, Ange. Thanks for sharing that with us.

rebecca said...

beautiful. I hope my '09 is full of moments like this! Looks like this was the best hour of your daughter's day too:D

Amanda said...

You are such a great mother! I hope someday I can be as good as you! You ROCK!

Kathleen Ellis said...

What a great idea! I bet she felt so special!