January 06, 2009

Once in a while, I will stumble upon a really great pattern. (McCall's 5742) This dress is fully lined and has a built in petticoat trimmed in tulle. We chose a cute little vintage Jack and Jill print. This is one of those "I-can't-stop-twirling" dresses. I am definately making another one, perhaps a little more funky.

There are so many beautiful childrens' clothing on the market these days. But I really enjoy making dresses for my little girls. Being the sentimental junkie that I am, I feel like I am giving them an heirloom - something that they can save for their daughters.

For those of you who don't sew, START! You don't need a fancy machine - just a decent one. (Mine have been between $200 and $300.)
Just so you know, I started making them simple dresses with just a semester of 8th grade sewing under my belt. Just keep sewing, and slowly, patterns won't be intimidating anymore. Your projects will only get better and better.

No comments: