January 02, 2009


I was perusing the blogs that I visit daily and I came across this lovely kitchen shot on Velvet and Linen. It totally captures the look I love in a family kitchen. I love the little shelf across the window. The sunlight through the simple white curtain gives such a subtle, lovely glow. And that sink...I NEED one of those! We love making soup in our family (Barefoot Contessa recipes are the best!) and washing a big stock pot in a regular, divided sink is a PAIN. A large, deep sink like this would be perfect. (Take a look at Velvet and Linen. Brooke did an entire blurb on large sinks and the lovely skirts that some of them wear.)

3 comments:

Shelly Beson said...

I saw this too and saved this exact picture. I'm painting my kitchen this weekend and I could use a hand I'm sure your not busy :)

Velvet and Linen said...

Hi Angela.

I'm so glad you liked this post. You chose my favorite kitchen. I would love to design my kitchen to look like this, but it may be a bit much for Steve (even he has his limits).

xo
Brooke

Bunny, THE PARIS HOUSE said...

This kitchen is so charming!! I have my grandmother's sink that is very similiar to the one in the picture. I put it in our little mud room/flower room with a cute skirted fabric under it
love your blog
xoxo
Bunny