January 14, 2009

I guess it's painfully obvious I am trying to figure out exactly what I am going to do with my kitchen. I have to be armed and ready with pictures for Hubby so that he will realize I am not crazy. I am not the only person in the world that doesn't like the typical, conventional, stuffy, cabinet-crammed kitchen. (I love the antique brackets against the shiny white subway tiles. Such a simple way to display one's collection of dishes...)
I love the look of open shelving in the kitchen. I think it makes the room feel bigger and less constricting. (And one does NOT need to feel constricted in the kitchen...we spend half of our day in there!) Yes, it does require being more organized and having dishes you don't mind showing, but I think the effect is SO worth it! Most of these pictures were found on Cote de Texas. I love to visit her blog - she always has a wealth of information to share.



Here is a cupboard with the doors removed and the previous shelves replaced with 3"thick pieces to make them more substantial. I love it! (So chic and cost effective at the SAME time!)

2 comments:

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

I do love the open shelving. My problem is that certain wicked kitties tend to have high-jumping contests in my kitchen!

drooz studio said...

love these kitchens!
I checked out cote de texas - fabulous! thanks for sharing!