October 07, 2008



This picture, for some crazy reason, reminds me of the state fair every October. We used to go every year as a child. Now, I wouldn't even think about taking my kids... it just seems so dirty and hot. I'm sure there's a craft we could do together that would be much more fun. (yea, right! Maybe if it involves an in-house cotton candy machine!) I have been hard at work on my up-coming trunk show. I am not trying to neglect, my brain has just been on severe overdrive and sometimes that's hard to put into words. ( To put it in dramatic terms: I keep experiencing new ideas that hit like lightning.) I haven't decided when to post new pictures because that's part of the excitement of having a show... seeing the NEW! I am going to Salt Lake today. I'll be experiencing cooler weather and real FALL. I hope it gives me a swift kick to jump into the Halloween scene. My decorations are only half-up. It isn't like me. I have a scarey, truly ugly old man butler that stands 6 feet tall. Part of me is a little worried about how the little girls will react to him. Especially Gigi. Every year I have to strategically place him so he won't startle ME when I walk into a room. So I'm thinking, do I even dare bring him out this year? My older kids say, "YES!", but my little heart is saying "I'm not sure... I need to think about it." It's my favorite holiday and I am always trying to manage one more decoration out of my budget. I have not bought one new thing this season - I know, UNBELIEVEABLE! I hope to change that while I am away. I will be looking at crazy witch displays with my sister-friend, Anna. She loves Halloween as much as I do. Maybe she will help get me out of this funk. I must go pack...

1 comment:

amy said...

Can't wait to see you in a couple of hours.