October 21, 2008





I had this chair sitting in the garage forever, unpainted, and having no seat. I accumulated many discarded ties from my brother-in-laws and thought, "GREEN"! These babies can be made very useful! When they are woven and knotted they can be quite strong. I painted the chair..and voila! (I do not, however, recommend it as a step stool for children who want to push it over to the counter and reach cookies out of the jar. Tiny feet can fall through the cracks...it has been known to happen. I'm not pointing fingers or anything, but you know who you are!)
The seat could probably use a few more ties woven in there. It's pretty likely that I'll have a stained, spilled on tie in my hot little hands in the next couple weeks. (The boys in my house are SO predictable!) Gotta love 'em...

3 comments:

rebecca said...

This style, minus the ties reminds me so much of MacKenzie-Childs of Madison Ave. in NYC. Love the ties....Super fun!

tamy said...

I agree with the above comment!!
This chair is fantastic.
I would love to come to your trunk show. I dont think I am on your mailing list - if you can send me directions I will try to make it!
Enjoy the rest of your week
Looks like you have been a very busy lady....
xo

Mélanie said...

this chair is lovely ! What a great inspiration