September 07, 2008

Slipcover BASICS

I've been doing a lot of sewing lately. My chair is industrial and great and all, but just not very nice to look at. So, with the help of stinkerbell here I managed to get a "dressy" slipcover made for it. Mind you, I really don't know the ins and outs of slipcovers, so I think that anyone could successfully do this. Just think simply and walk through the steps in your mind before you cut or sew. Now I just need to figure out how to keep Gigi from pulling it off the chair every time I turn around! (For other projects of mine, check out Angela Henrie Minis.)

3 comments:

Jennifer Paganelli said...

love the choice of fabrics.....and the bambino!!! Grandma Joy was named perfectly..I adore her

Becca said...

I just have to say "Hi." Your sister, Amy and I were in the same ward in MA. I've always admired the jewels Amy and Ruby wore (made by you), so I was excited to find your site through Amy. I told my husband...if you ever wonder what to get me for Christmas, birthdays, etc....go to THIS site:):) You're amazingly talented, and it's clear you're a super family gal too. Thanks for sharing.

Anna Macfarlane said...

Stinkerbell--love it! And, I don't think even if I mapped it out in my head before cutting and assembling that I could make anything CLOSE to as wonderful as this slipcover... EVER!