September 09, 2008

My project within a project


Remember I told you I have been sewing A LOT lately? Well, I started my first quilt, king size. It was taking quite a while, cutting all of the squares, situating them just right...so I felt the need to start another project right smack in the middle. A smaller one - one that I could see results a little sooner. So I made these patchwork pillows. They gave me the little extra push and motivation to finish the top of my quilt! I gave one to Libbie for her dorm and kept the rest. They are a fabric fest of several of my favorites...

8 comments:

amy said...

Nice shot!
So, I've tried a few times to put your button on my blog and I can't figure it out. As computer savvy as I claim to be I'm sure a dunce too. HELP!!

tamy/simplymein said...

I am totally inspired by the gorgeous fabrics you used in these pillows and your darling slipcover project - I am held up by being totally daunted by making a fabric frill for a couple of decorative halloween pillows I need to finish!!

Jennifer Paganelli said...

OMG OMG these are fabulous!!!!! so glad you told me!!!! You must post...at flickr!!! Great photo....

Anne said...

Those pillows are beautiful- I love the fabrics all together! I can't wait to see the quilt!

Farnsworth Family Newsletter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Farnsworth Family Newsletter said...

I love the pillows and great fabric. I can't wait to see your quilt when your finished with it.

KARA said...

oh yummy I looovvveee patchwork and these are so special
x

Amanda said...

lOVE THE COLORS OF THOSE PILLOWS, THEY DONT LOOK AS EASY AS THE PILLOWS YOU SHOWED ME HOW TO MAKE!