May 12, 2008

Fancy Feet


So it's getting hot here in AZ. Flip flops are THE only way to go. It's easy to make your own crystal-emblazoned pair. Havaianas are the best...I usually get mine at Urban Outfitters. Cut the words off of the flip flop strap with some sharp little nippers. This will give you a smoother surface to glue the crystals. I use E6000 glue. It can be found at Michael's or Ace Hardware. Spread about an inch of glue at a time and place flat back crystals close together. The glue doesn't dry too fast, so this gives you some time to move things around a bit. A great place to buy crystals is at Artgems in Mesa/Gilbert. They are online too. Let the glue dry for a day and then you are on your way!

2 comments:

domestic bliss said...

Hey Ang- I am so happy you said hi- I think of you all the time. I would love to see you!-We should meet up sometime, we have lots to catch up on!
xo-
K

Amanda said...

I would love a pair of these on a pair of black JCrew flip flops!